New information is added on a regular basis. Please check back often for further updates!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Accessible PDF Documents and Websites
- (PDF Document) Resources for Seniors and Other Vulnerable Angelenos during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis
- (Website) City of Los Angeles Housing & Commun
- ity Investment Department's FamilySource Centers for Emergency Financial Assistance
- (PDF Document) Guidance Relating to Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- (Website) Ground Game Los Angeles - Connecting LA's most vulnerable communities with resource, recourse, and organizing know-how
- (Website) Westside Pacific Villages' Neighbors Helping Neighbors - Senior Support Coalition
- (Website) Westside Friends - Making sure that everyone in West Los Angeles can get help during COVID-19
- (PDF Document) The Fenway Institute's Coronavirus, COVID-19, and Considerations for People Living with HIV and LGBTQIA+ People
- March 31, 2020 (Website) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying Health Conditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 - United States, February 12 - March 28, 2020
- March 16, 2020 (PDF Document) Los Angeles County Commission on HIV - COVID-19 and People Living with HIV - A Message to our Community and Partners
- March 14, 2020 (PDF English Document) California State Council on Developmental Disabilities' COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations
- March 14, 2020 (PDF Español Document) California State Council on Developmental Disabitlies' Prevención de COVID-19 Recomendaciones
- March 14, 2020 (PDF Document) Green Mountain Self-Advocates' Plain Language Booklet on COVID-19
- March 14, 2020 (PDF EspañolDocument) Green Mountain Self-Advocates' Información de COVID-19 Por y Para Personas con Discapacidades (translated by California Developmental Disabilities Council)
- (Website) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - COVID-19: What people with HIV should now
Policy and Advocacy - Take Action!
The Systems Advocacy and Legislative/Congressional Advocacy Tools listed below was gathered by The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS).
Systems Advocacy Tools
- PIDS: National Disability Rights Call to Action
- PIDS: Letter to White House COVID-19 Task Force
- PIDS: COVID-19 Recommendations for Personal Assistance Services
- AAPD: Template Letter to send to Insurance Commissioner or others (Word Document)
- CCD: Letter to U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services & Office of Civil Rights RE: COVID-19 - Disabilities & Discrimination (PDF Document)
- NCD: Letter to Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (PDF Document)
- The Arc: Self Advocates in Leadership (SAIL), Disability Rights Washington (DRW), and The Arc of the United States (The Arc) filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Disability Rights California: Letter to Governor Newsom
- DREDF: Letter to CA Governor Newsom on prohibiting Healthcare “rationing” based on disability
- NAD: Letter to White House About Coronavirus Conferences
Legislative/Congressional Advocacy Tools
- PIDS: Legislative Recommendations for Public Health Emergency and Disasters
- PIDS: Take Action Alert! Tell Congress To Protect Disability Rights
- AAPD: Action Alert! Congress: Include People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Relief!
- AAPD: Over 90 Civil Rights Organizations Urge House and Senate Leadership to Address the Needs of People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Relief Package
- CPR: Action Alert! Tell Congress NOW that the newly proposed coronavirus response bill must include disability priorities!
- CPR: Updates on legislation, federal agency guidance, and advocacy materials
- The Arc: Statement urging Congress to include people with disabilities in emergency relief and COVID-19 related legislation
- The Arc: Advocacy Tool to Tell Congress to Include People with Disabilities
- ASAN: Advocacy Tool to tell Congress: Include People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Relief!
- AUCD: Action Alert for legislative updates & actions to include people with disabilities in COVID-19 Response
- NDRN: Take Action - Congress Using COVID-19 to Strip Students with Disabilities of Access to Education