New information is added on a regular basis. Please check back often for further updates!
|Information By and For People with||Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Accessible PDF Documents and Websites|
|Seniors and Other Vulnerable Angelenos||New (PDF Document) Resources for Seniors and Other Vulnerable Angelenos during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis|
|General||(Website) City of Los Angeles Housing & Community Investment Department's FamilySource Centers for Emergency Financial Assistance (Mayor's Fund Los Angeles)|
|General||(PDF Document) Guidance Relating to Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)|
Policy and Advocacy - TAKE ACTION!
The advocacy tools listed below was gathered by The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS).
Systems Advocacy Tools
- AAPD: Template Letter to send to Insurance Commissioner or others (Word Document)
- CCD: Letter to U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services & Office of Civil Rights RE: COVID-19 - Disabilities & Discrimination (PDF Document)
- NCD: Letter to Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (PDF Document)
Legislative/Congressional Advocacy Tools
- PIDS: Legislative Recommendations for Public Health Emergency and Disasters
- CPR: Action Alert! Tell Congress NOW that the newly proposed coronavirus response bill must include disability priorities!
- CPR: Updates on legislation, federal agency guidance, and advocacy materials
Important News from City of Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti and County of Los Angeles Public Health
|Important News from City of Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti - As of April 7, 2020 12:00pm PST|
Mayor Garcetti announces expansion of City's free COVID-19 testing program
New online nonprofity directory connects Angelenos to service opportunities
Mayor Garcetti recommends Angelenos wear non-medical face coverings in public
Mayor Garcetti has recommended that Angelenos wear face coverings when running essential errands (such as one made with a bandana or scarf, or that you made yourself by following instructions found online from trusted sources). These face coverings should be washed after each use.